Dock’s token migration is already underway and many within the community have already taken advantage of the early migration incentives and swapped to our new DOCK token. At the time of writing, 18M tokens have been swapped. While this period of migration is a hugely exciting time, it’s also a period that comes with risk as it is likely that scammers may try to use the event to fraudulently part you from your DOCK tokens.
This guide has been written to mitigate those risks in order to ensure this migration is as safe as possible.
Here are 10 key things you should do to stay safe during the migration:
- Please only use Dock’s portal to migrate your tokens, and always make sure that you check the security certificate (green padlock symbol next to the URL) is shown.
- Never send your private keys to anyone. In doing so you would give the other party complete control over your wallet. Dock will never request this information from you.
- Only transfer tokens to the vault migration address. The address is shown on the migration page and is also shown on the migration portal.
- Make sure that you are transferring your Dock tokens and not Ether to the Vault address.
- Don’t try to send DOCK tokens to the migration address directly from exchanges or from wallets where you don’t control the private keys. This could result in the loss of your tokens.
- The Dock mainnet address should be generated using one of these means only: at fe.dock.io or the Parity Signer mobile app. For instructions on generating a mainnet account, check here.
- Use a well known and trusted application to sign the ‘code’ shown on the migration page with your Ethereum account. We recommend using Mycrypto as it can connect to both Ledger and Trezor.
- Only trust official support channels:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telegram: https://t.me/dockio (only from those marked ‘admin’)
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/docknetwork
- Trust your intuition, if something feels wrong it probably is. Check with the support methods listed above if you’re in any doubt
- Be very cautious of any fake websites, social media accounts and telegram channels that might imitate Dock or its team members. Always double-check that you are using the official Dock website and social channels.
As a further reminder, if you’re storing your DOCK in any of the following exchanges, there is no action required. They have expressed interest in migrating tokens on their user’s behalf.
If you have any questions or don’t see your exchange on this list, we suggest you contact them directly. Remember, you always have the option to migrate tokens yourself via the migration portal.
Wishing you all a safe and enjoyable migration!!