In case you missed some of our updates the last few months, here is a recap of our latest technology upgrades and partnerships.
New Partnership With BurstIQ
BurstIQ is a company that provides data solutions powered by blockchain technology for the healthcare industry. The company’s LifeGraph platform enables businesses to manage sensitive data while complying with people’s data rights and giving individuals ownership and control over their personal information.
BurstIQ uses Dock’s Certs API in order to turn any health data into a Verifiable Credential that is portable, verifiable, and secure within and outside of their system.
- Blog: BurstIQ Use Cases That Leverage Verifiable Credentials
- Podcast: Blockchain in Healthcare with Dr. Wendy Charles, BurstIQ’s Chief Scientific Officer
- Webinar: Demo of how BurstIQ is using Verifiable Credentials to ensure data portability and integrity
- Press release: BurstIQ's LifeGraph Toolkit Expands to Include Verifiable Credentials Solution by Dock Labs
Dock Certs’ New Certificate Designer
The Dock Certs platform enables users to easily issue, verify, and manage Verifiable Credentials and decentralized identifiers (DIDs). We released the Certificate Designer that allows users to customize the design of their credentials with their own brand or preferred style.
1) Anonymous Credentials for the Dock Wallet
With anonymous credentials, the Dock Wallet can now enable users to prove a claim about themselves without revealing the actual details that support the proof. For example, someone could prove they live in an eligible city to qualify for a program without revealing the actual city.
2) White Label Wallet Service
Organizations that don’t want to spend resources building their own wallet can simply use the functionality of the Dock Wallet and offer their own branded wallet to their customers.
3) New Feature: Communication Between EVM Module and Native Modules
This release will enable developers to build richer dApps with the flexibility of EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) smart contracts and use Dock's native features like DIDs. This was not possible before because the smart contracts didn’t have direct access to the data on the Dock blockchain. With our new feature, the EVM smart contracts can now read data like DIDs, revocation statuses, and more in addition to being able to verify signatures from DIDs and credentials.
4) Circom Language Integration: Anonymous Credentials Protocol Update
Previously, the expressivity of our anonymous credential proving system was limited. The holder could prove things like “I have a credential” or that “certain attributes across my credentials are the same”. But verifiers couldn’t request proofs for more complicated conditions like the sum of certain attributes should be less or more than a certain value.
Examples of these more complex requests:
- Someone wants to prove that his yearly income is $20,000 or less to show that he qualifies for a government benefit
- Someone wants to prove that her yearly income is $200,000 or more to show that she is eligible to access an investment fund
Because of these limitations, we updated our anonymous credentials protocol to enable developers to express "predicates" (checks that return true or false) on credential attributes using the Circom language. This language is a developer-friendly programming language that could also be used with our proving system.
Here are examples of applications that demonstrate the use of Circom along with credentials:
1. The blood group is not AB-
2. The grade is either A+, B, or C+ but nothing else
Latest numbers in our growing community:
- CoinMarketCap: 12,100 followers
- Discord: 5,800 members
- Twitter: 63,500 followers
- Turkish Community: 1,200 members
Dock’s Web3 ID on Product Hunt
Thanks to our community for helping Dock be the #1 Web3 Product of the Week on Product Hunt! This has given Dock more visibility as Product Hunt is an important site where tech startups announce new product launches. The site has almost 5 million visits every month.
Connect With Us
We’d love to hear from you if you have any questions, feedback, or would like a demo of our tech. Reach out to email@example.com.
Check out what we have planned for 2023 to enhance trust, privacy, and security for organizations and individuals in our Year in Review.
Dock is a Verifiable Credentials company that provides Dock Certs, a user-friendly, no-code platform, and developer solutions that enable organizations to issue, manage and verify fraud-proof credentials efficiently, securely, and at a lower cost. Dock enables organizations and individuals to create and share verified data.